Time Domain Simulation of Electric Drive Systems
Modeling - Basics of Electric Machines
This seminar will teach the fundamental relationships for the operation of electric machines. Important mathematical methods will be presented with which participants will be able to understand models of electric machines for numerical simulations and integrate them into models of drive systems.
This seminar is aimed at beginners in the fields of both electrical drive systems and time domain simulations.
The following topics will be addressed:
- Operating behavior and modeling of direct current machines
- Operating behavior and modeling of three-phase machines
- Modeling of power-electronic actuators
- Brief introduction to the control of electric drives
- Modeling of mechanical components
- Error detection and avoidance in time domain simulations
- Introduction to the configuration of numerical solvers
After this seminar, even new users should be able to understand the electromagnetic foundations of direct current and three-phase machines. Using this knowledge, participants will be able to weigh the advantages and disadvantages of specific electric drive concepts, and to test them using time domain simulations.
Concepts to be taught:
- Choosing appropriate electric drive concepts
- Learning the parameters and time constants of an electric drive system
- Dealing with differential equation systems
- Simulating dynamic behavior
Leibniz Universität Hannover, Institute for Drive Systems and Power Electronics (IAL)